NICHOLAS VINCENT READE
São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Born in England, but brought up in Brazil, Nicholas has depth of experience with British, American and Brazilian business cultures. Nicholas Reade has 14 years of experience as CEO of two different companies, over 30 years of experience in investment banking, and some 20 years in Board positions.
- Strategy & Team Alignment
- Start ups
- Investment Banking (Capital market issues, M&A, company valuations)
- Cambridge University, BA Economics
- Cambridge University, MA Economics
- Harvard Business School, Advanced Management Program
- Senior Partner RRBA Business Advisory 2016 - present
- CEO Brookfield Incorporações 2008-2015
- CEO Rio Bravo Securitizadora 20O2-2007
- EVP Branco Brascan, Managing Director Bear Stearns (responsible for
- Director SG Warburg & Co (responsible Southern Cone),
- Group Representative Midland Bank
- Managing Director Brasilpar (pioneer in private equity in Brazil)
- General Manager Brazil Citicorp Leasing International.
- Board Positions:
- Vortx (2018 - present), V2COM 2019 - present)
- Brookfield Incorporações 2008 - 2016 (Chairman 2015-2016)
- Abrainc 2014 -2016
- Brasilpar 1980-1983
- Vulcabras 1979-1983
- Novotel Hotelaria (1978-1983)
With a BA and MA in Economics from Cambridge University, along with extension courses at Fundação Getulio Vargas, and Harvard Business School (AMP), Nicholas Reade brings a wealth of experience including: 12 years of experience as CEO, first of a start up then of a publicly listed company, as well as 30 years in investment banking, combined with 20 years on company Boards of Directors.
Before joining Brookfield he was President of Rio Bravo Securitizadora S.A. (2002/2007), after leaving Banco Brascan S.A. where he was Executive Vice-President (1998/2002). Before joining Brascan, he was a Managing Director of Bear Stearns & Co. Inc. (1995/1998), where he was responsible for the company's activities in Brazil. Prior to that he was a Director of SG Warburg & Co Ltd. (1990 - 1995), having initiated and led the development of the bank's operations in the Southern Cone. At Bear Stearns and Warburg he managed, on behalf of his clients, a number of bond and equity issues in the international capital markets, as well as various M&A transactions.
After a number of years as an investment analyst and manager of corporate finance at Banco Bozano Simonsen, he was appointed as the Director responsible for stetting up and running the Brazilian subsidiary of Citicorp Leasing International, which he left to take responsibility for the start up of Brasilpar, one of the pioneering private equity firms in the country, created by Unibanco and Paribas. After Brasilpar he became Group Representative in Brazil for Midland Bank plc and Samuel Montagu & Co. before the move to SG Warburg.
Board positions held include Vórtx (2018 - present), V2COM (2019 - present), Brookfield Incorporações (2008-2016, Chairman 2015 -2016), ABRAINC (the National Association of Real Estate Developers (2013-2016), Brasilpar (1980-1983) Vulcabras (1979-1983), and Novotel (1978-1983).
Mr. Reade graduated in Economics from Cambridge University, has a Master’s Degree in Economics from the same institution, and took the post-graduate Advanced Management Program at Harvard University. He is a Fellow of RICS (The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors).