Australia, New Zealand, China
David has 30 years’ experience scaling companies as an entrepreneur, guiding growth company clients, raising capital and serving on the Boards of growth companies. He has extensive experience in China, where he resided for over 20 years, and in Australia. David founded Entrepreneur Purpose to assist entrepreneurs achieve their potential in building outstanding values driven companies with strong growth.
- Strategy development & execution.
- Growth company development, including capital raising & Boards.
- Values and purpose-based leadership.
- Mindfulness as a tool for clarity in decision making and team alignment.
- Entrepreneurial business growth.
- Assisting growth companies prepare for capital raising.
- Assembling high-quality Boards to support business owners.
- Strategic Planning and execution.
- Values and purpose-based team culture and team alignment.
- Mindfulness in business.
- B.Econ (Hon) and B.A. (Journalism), University of Queensland.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), qualified in 2001.
- Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (GAICD).
- Certified as a Facilitator, Business Advisor and in business systems.
- Mindfulness Meditation Facilitator (in-progress).
- I work with outstanding entrepreneurial clients that are experiencing exponential growth and have attracted strong investor interest.
- Founded Dash Brands, which built Domino’s to be the leading pizza delivery business in China.
- Founded Freedom Road Travel prior to Covid shutting down China’s travel industry.
- With Deloitte I advised multi-national clients in China on their growth strategies.
- Served on a number of Boards, including having Chaired of the Australian Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai.
David assists companies from start-up through scaling up, structuring teams and board, capital raising, acquisition planning and expanding through various growth stages to mid-market. He has extensive experience in working through the most challenging growth-related problems, has raised significant funds from sophisticated investor and put together a number of high-quality boards in
support of entrepreneurial leadership teams.
David coaches CEOs and leadership teams in strategy, execution, values-based leadership and team building, bringing this all together with the Metronomics system. He has a particular interest in working with leaders and teams to build resilience and cohesion through the application of mindfulness in business.
He understands the entrepreneurial journey from his own experience founding and scaling companies and also working with outstanding business owners as an advisor. As an entrepreneur he founded Dash Brands, which holds the Master Franchise rights for Domino’s Pizza in China. David led the business on the ground in China during its formative years, where he built a values-based can-do culture of high-growth. He introduced key brand partners such as Subway and Domino’s, as well as Macquarie Capital as cornerstone investor, with capital raised from all investors over $100m during his time with the company.
After 24 years in China, David and his family returned to the northern beaches of Sydney in 2017, where he lives with his wife, daughter and son. He is enjoys an active lifestyle with his family, including surfing, cycling, ocean swimming and bushwalking.